how much to bid

Mowerboy04

LawnSite Bronze Member
hey guys, im bidding on a hoa and im not sure really what to bid. The property is 1400ft long and about 30feet wide. There are 4 pine trees and 4 beds that have to be trimmed around. The street has to be edged the entire 1400ft lenght. I was thinking some where around $100 a cut????

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm in pa. Maybe I can stop by and do the leg work for you. Isn't that what you're asking?
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm in pa. Maybe I can stop by and do the leg work for you. Isn't that what you're asking?
Posted via Mobile Device
i did the leg work and walked the property, and took the measurements. And i came up with my number of $100 a cut. I was just asking to see if i was close. I know its hard to give a price without seeing it but thought i would throw it out there.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Throw it around all you want. There's just no way to give you a straight answer. Go with your gut and see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
yea in our market it wouldn't surprise me.
so you're double what you think the market will bare? I doubt you'll land it. How long did you estimate it will take you to complete? It sounds like less then a hour total.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04

LawnSite Bronze Member
so you're double what you think the market will bare? I doubt you'll land it. How long did you estimate it will take you to complete? It sounds like less then a hour total.
Posted via Mobile Device
im guessing with 2 guys it will take about 45min. I just emailed the bid in for $90 a cut so will see what happens. Im not desperate for work so if i get it grate if not so be it.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
How long will it take you? How far away is it? What are your operating expenses? How much do YOU need to make an hour to make a profit? How much is your consumer bill? How much is your insurances? What does your shop cost? You have to know all your expenses before you can know your total costs. Then, you have to know your total costs before you can determine how much YOU have to make off the job to make money. If you are running solo, I can about guarantee that there is a larger company in your area that may be able to do it alot cheaper. Bottom line is,...don't go by what OTHERS would say they would do it for... Bid it for what YOU would have to gross.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
If you can get 2 guys through it in 45 minutes, that sounds like a good stop for 90 bucks! Good luck with it! : )