How much to charge for lime application

jarabe1

LawnSite Member
Hi Guys, I am interested to know how much do you guys charge for lime application. I need to send a bid and all that is calling is no more than 25lbs per 1000.
How would you guys price it per 1000 sq-feet.?
or per pound?

Please don't say that it depends on my cost, overhead cost, traveling, etc. the question is simple. Thank you in advance.

slowleak1

LawnSite Senior Member
Let me reiterate. Ive never purchased lime, and don't know the first thing about where to buy. Is it something that you can get anywhere or do you need to get it from an ag supply place? Ive used pelitized lime, but for the amount I need that is going to be way to costly

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
How many 1000 sq ft is the bid for?
Posted via Mobile Device

ilike2mow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Let me reiterate. Ive never purchased lime, and don't know the first thing about where to buy. Is it something that you can get anywhere or do you need to get it from an ag supply place? Ive used pelitized lime, but for the amount I need that is going to be way to costly

Depending on how much you need you could probably just get by with buying your lime at lowes or home depot or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
area is 155.000

So you need to bid it to apply almost 2 tons of product.

I buy 40 lb bags for 9 a bag. You need about 100 bags. So $900 in product. Mark it up and add labor and that's your price. If you don't get the bid so be it. If you do then you make the money you wanted to.

I would price it for the job. About 2700.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
J

jarabe1

LawnSite Member
So you need to bid it to apply almost 2 tons of product.

I buy 40 lb bags for 9 a bag. You need about 100 bags. So $900 in product. Mark it up and add labor and that's your price. If you don't get the bid so be it. If you do then you make the money you wanted to.

I would price it for the job. About 2700.
Posted via Mobile Device
Great response, thank you a lot. Exactly what I was looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums