1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

how much to charge for planting plants

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ozman, Aug 24, 2001.

1. ozman

ozman LawnSite Member

I have a lawn business in michigan one of my accounts asked if I would put in a bid for planting flowers. I don't do much landscaping but I would like to put the bid in. My question is how much should I charge by the hour? the customer is buying the plants all I have to do is provide the labor I now how much I like to charge 25.00 hr is this to low or should I charge more, any ideas would be great.

Thanks for any help

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to charge per plant, you may make more than your 25.00 hourly labor rate. Depending on plant you may want to use a drill to speed things up. All situations are diff ,good luck.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Your question is very vauge...in your subject line you use the word"plants" then flowers . What is it they would like planted..annuals? If so ...how many per flat etc? Do you have to prep the area?
    Might be able to help with a little more info.

4. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Oz -

This topic is one that has been discussed quite a bit here. If you run a search in this forum, you'll likely find all the answers you're looking for.

Good luck!