1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Much to charge for weeding?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Slcareco, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just starting this upcoming spring and wondering how much you professionals charge for weeding (not round up) and whats included?

I figured:

$35.00/hour
    $10.00 Dumping Fee

Help Id like to hear your input thanks!

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Now that all depends on what you are weeding. I charge a rough price per week on my yearly contracts. It varies any where between 5 bucks to 15 bucks each visit. Now I already hear people saying what the heck you are charging way to little. Well I hardly ever pull weeds either. They all get mulch refresh from me each year and I spend maybe 2-3 hours a year pulling weeds. now 5*40visits = 200/3hrs =66.66 an hour.
    ON the other hand if you are going to just pull weeds I would say bid on the job at 40 an hour. So you think it will take 5 hours estimate for 6 and charge 240 bucks.
    I hate weeding and will only do it for full time customers.

3. Slcareco

Now how do you give that to a client like give em an estimate of 240 bucks before you do the job they'll think your nuts and do it them self how do i go about giving them a price without telling them how much i charge an hour?

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

If you want to work for free lower your prices.
    Thats is fine with me, if I am doing a one time for a bid of 240 and they think it is to much well then they can find some one else to do it. I find that most will say we will think about it and try it themselves. Then I get a call a few days later with a little area cleaned out and they either said screw it or couldn't find any one cheaper.
    As I said before I don't do weeding any more except for my full service accounts. And this is done weekly and only takes maybe 5 min each time. That is why I bid 5-15 bucks each time and add it in to there contract. When they are only paying 20 - 60 a month it is not as bad as paying 240 in one shot just to let it get overgrown again in a month.

5. Slcareco

good deal man!

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sir--do you mean like actually pulling weeds by hand???

GEO

7. Slcareco

yes thats what I mean why?

8. Slcareco

What about dump fee?

9. SSmith

SSmith Banned

Seems like this should fall into the category of work smarter, not harder. Obtain a liscense to apply chemical applications and your prices will be much more justified to the customer. You'll also save your lower back.....

10. Slcareco

Im young and dont mind the work thats why i entered the business