1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

How much to remove this tree

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Greencuts518, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Title says it all, pictures deceiving the power lines at road are a safe distance away, however the power coming into the house runs through that tree. Not sure why they ever planted a tree that close to the house

20180722_100140.jpg

greenmowers.org and hort101 like this.
  2. Neighbor-kid

Neighbor-kid LawnSite Member

It depends. If you're an experienced climber with a chipper/chip truck, ropes/rigging, ground crew available I would (*without having done a walk up inspection on it myself*) bid it somewhere in the $1k range. That being said, I climb trees 5 days a week.

While you're at it, talk them into removing that catalpa tree to the left of the garage before it gets any bigger...I hate those trees.

Cheers!

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Down here I was told by a couple tree guys that house drops have to be disconnected prior to cutting the tree if they go through it. I believe it's a free service but you have to work around the electric provider.

hort101 likes this.
  4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

A real pro with the right equipment and experience (not a landscaper and a chain saw) is going to be around $1,000 likely

Multiple trees on a site can bring prices down.
    If it’s one tree it’s probably around there

hort101 likes this.