How much warranty work on your new mower?

123hotdog

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought my first new mower about a year ago. I don't want to bash the brand. What I would like to do is get some feedback from people who have bought a new mower and has around 300 hours on it. In three hundred hours, I have had more than five warranty repairs on mine. I am an owner operator and am the only one on the mower. I'm not concerned with what your brand is. I just want to know if this is the norm in the industry? I am happy with my dealer and they are awesome. They sell another brand so I am considering the other brand at trade in time.

Roger

LawnSite Fanatic
Small operator here with only a few new mowers. I never had any warrantee work done on any of them (over the period of 18 years).

McFarland_Lawn_Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
Toros and now transitioning to Gravely. You have good luck and bad luck. One mower I had with 1.7 hrs and broke a connecting rod in the motor. You need a good machine, no doubt, but a good dealer is even better.

Pressedun

LawnSite Fanatic
I bought my first new mower about a year ago. I don't want to bash the brand. What I would like to do is get some feedback from people who have bought a new mower and has around 300 hours on it. In three hundred hours, I have had more than five warranty repairs on mine. I am an owner operator and am the only one on the mower. I'm not concerned with what your brand is. I just want to know if this is the norm in the industry? I am happy with my dealer and they are awesome. They sell another brand so I am considering the other brand at trade in time.

You're not bashing the brand by any means, what were the issues? Engine related or machine related? The brand may have a lot to do with quality...
Posted via Mobile Device

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
Nothing for my Deere still runs like new over 100hours already, will get valves adjusted if needed at 300 hours.

But will be trading in for next season for 54" and 12mths to 500hrs trade after that whatever comes first.

My gravely I have a whole part base for it, around 1,000 hours everything started breaking worn bolts, deck arms etc went through some rough stuff in its years.

JCLawn and more

LawnSite Fanatic
You should tell us what happened. I know you had pully issues. That's the nature of the beast with sealed pulleys
Posted via Mobile Device

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
You should tell us what happened. I know you had pully issues. That's the nature of the beast with sealed pulleys
Posted via Mobile Device

Think it was his Wright mower

Top Forums