1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much work average in an hour? And Pay question...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chadsepulveda, May 16, 2008.

1. chadsepulveda

chadsepulveda LawnSite Member

I am doing a business plan writeup for a new business. I personally have done successful lawn care in two different areas of my state (TX) for close to 8 years. In those situations, I worked with another guy, and all our equip was paid for so we just split the money 50/50. Now I am looking to start something and manage it (where hopefully I wont be out running a crew).

For a two man crew, with commercial equipment, including a big walk behind that can make it into a residential backyard, how many average size residential properties could be done in an hour? I am assuming they are all in the same neighborhood. I am thinking a solid two properties, but wanted to get some other estimates. I am trying to figure out what kind of money I need to be making per day/ per hour for me to make some profit in the end.

Also anyone know the going rate (hourly) for general lawn care workers in Dallas market?

Thanks guys, I love this blog!

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is a blog:confused:

3. chadsepulveda

chadsepulveda LawnSite Member

Ok, you are right, its not technically a blog. This is more of a forum with some blogs within. A blog is a web - log. Its a series of entries (journal style) from someone on a particular topic.