How much would you charge per application for 110,000 square feet?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by PKLIP, Aug 18, 2017.

1. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

This property is residential, relatively flat, and in pretty poor shape. It is Fescue with a lot of weeds. I quoted him $440 per application which included granular fert and a blanket app of 3-way. I have a Permagreen. His response was "your quote is more than double of anyone else's". I don't believe him, I am just curious of what everyone else would charge for this. I currently do not have any lawns even close to this size.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

Tell him , " thanks for the opportunity to bid the job " and move on

PKLIP likes this.
  3. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

I would be higher but regions differ and whats high one place is low in another.

PKLIP likes this.
  4. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

What the customer is saying is probably true if he called TruGreen, or the likes.

PKLIP likes this.
  5. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

I called Trugreen and got a quote just out of curiosity. It had absolutely no bearing on my pricing. For 6,000 square feet they were at $70 an application, recommending a total of 13 applications! My pricing puts me at $50 for 6k.

6. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

What area are you in. Around Pa, True Green charges about $65 per app for an acre, seven apps per year

PKLIP likes this.
  8. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

I'm in Northern VA

9. Dyllan78

Dyllan78 LawnSite Member

PKLIP,
    I'm in northern VA. For that job I would be between $400 - $500 per application. It looks like your spot on. If he tries to bargain with you there is some room there. It is not worth your time to go there for anything less. Let some other company take the loss. Be polite and do what the guy above said. "Thanks for the opportunity and enjoy your day" with a smile on your face.

Mdirrigation, Tootall91 and PKLIP like this.
  10. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

Thanks that is good to hear. I wanted to make sure my formula "scales". I purposefully priced it a little high, anticipating he was going to beat my down some. When he said half, I just responded saying "I am sorry we are not going to be able to do business".