1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Would You Charge

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ron, Jul 19, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Hello I have a customer who wants me to put down Pine Bark around his back and sides of his house .
    well I will need 7 cy of pine Bark and the stuff will have to be wheel barrelled into the back yard...He also wants 360 sq.ft of st.augustine sod around some parts of the back yard..
    I can get the Pine bark for $16.00 cy and the sod $90.00 per pallet which is 450 sq ft. my bid is as follows.$46.00 per cy $322.00 pallet of sod $168.35 Delivery charge $60.00
    sod instal labor 2 hrs $70.00 Soil prep $35.00 total cost to client $550.35 my cost is around $202.00 the rest is profit..I will also be doing the job solo.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How long do you think it's going to take you to do the entire job? All day?

3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron, I like your numbers, they sound good to me for a solo op. Good luck an dlet us kno whow it goes.

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Ron I think your figure is light Buddy Row.;)

Lets use your $35/man hr figure for labor.

MULCH:$469
    If you buy the product for $16/yd - mark it up to $32/yd. Then add $35/yd for labor.

SOD:$396
    If you buy the product for ($72) .20 cents per sf - mark it up to ($144) .60 cents per sf. Add in your labor and prep costs ($105) of 3 man hrs. Add in your pallet charge $15 (if applicable) plus your delivery fee $60.

ESTIMATE:$865
    Profit after expenses should be around $663. :D

How I'd bid it out.
    Kris

5. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: WOW Khris You are pretty High Nice Bid but you must be using your NY area Prices......

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you not mark up your prices before selling the products to your prospective clients??? :confused:

If something costs you $20 can you not mark it up to $30 or $40 first without jeopardizing your bid???

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Kris is very CORRECT!!! Your prices are way to low. Do you know how long it will take you to spread 7 yards of mulch solo? Much longer than you think. Total job will take you more than 1 day. The job is worth much more than $350 in your pocket. You will really wish you took kris' advice before you finish this job. If you don't you will not be in business very long not making a true profit.