1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Would You Charge!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nicholsonlawnservices, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say stay with your 30, your inevitably going to under jugdge that. Get your money

2. greensolutions1

greensolutions1 LawnSite Member

Yeah i think i would use 2 guys and rent a bobcat or tractor, tell the other three workers to have the day off.

3. balreadysaid

balreadysaid LawnSite Senior Member

i would just charge 2500-3000 up front if he says too much i wouldnt do it.

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

So did you ever get the job?

5. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

He got the job and went to Atlantic City for the weekend!!:usflag:

6. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

HOORAY!!!! Ding! Ding!! We have a WINNER!!!!!

7. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

Where the helll do some of you get your prices!? Now Im all for getting whatever you can but $3-4K? That customer will hang up on him before he finishes his pitch. CTmower is pretty close to what I would charge. That job is right around $1,000 to $1,300. If you had to get the dumpster yourself tac on another $400-600. That is not a very big job at all, Turf Troll is also right, demo is a very easy job if you and your crew know what todo. One of my crew's of 4 can knock that out in 4-6 hours. I have posted on here many times and I still dont understand charging by the hour. I think if I charged by the hour i would be going broke. Today we trimmed 6-20ft ficus trees and 10-10ft ficus tress. $50 each for the 20ft ficus = $300 and $20 for the 10ft ficus =$200 and $125 for the clean up a total of $625. 1-crew of 4 guys at 2 hours so an average price of $312.50 an hour. So some of your thinking is charge $15 an hour for each helper ? That would be $120 for 2 hours!! I will stay home for that.