How much would you have bid this job?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Lawncarekrazy, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy Banned

How much would you guys have charged? I did it all with a walk behind lololol thought it'd take me an hour easy, boy was I in for a treat lol. Screwed myself on bid

IMG_20180604_102156140.jpg

IMG_20180604_102200728.jpg

IMG_20180604_102228572.jpg

IMG_20180604_130632992.jpg

2. Just cutting? Doesn't look like you edged or used a weed eater.
    Did you have to blow the grass off the pavement?
    What size mower did you use?
    From what I can tell from the pic's it would take me about 45 minutes to an hr with my JD 925 54" just cutting.

3. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Silver Member

I think o.p is using a push mower, if I'm not mistaken. I have to mow a big lawn this week using a 36" walk behind. I guesstimate 2 hours....If she keeps hiring me to do it, I'll buy a sulky. Can't say what I would charge, but that's a big lawn

4. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy Banned

I used only a push mower and I wasn't totally done yet when I took this picture. Took me 4 hours. I mowed, weed whacked, edged and blow off

5. moron88

moron88 LawnSite Member

i still havent quoted any mowing yet, but i would quote that at $200/week and use my subcompact tractor with 60" deck.

6. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy Banned

Yeah I was an idiot one of my first bids and thought itd take me an hour lmao took me four and for 50$ a week :(

7. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh man .. save the first few checks so you can buy a good pair of shoes!

Ya really got to bite the bullet on this one and let them know you're not equipped to handle it man, no way you can keep beating yourself up like that for no money.

8. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

That’s a good lesson tho. Learn something and it didn’t cost you very much $.

9. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy Banned

I was thinking the exact same thing, who knows if he asks how much it'd take for me to stay all throw out a number and if he bites great if not your not lying no sense in me beating myself up and my equipment to break even or lose money. I'm just scared of getting a bad review starting out, I have four legit five star reviews :(

10. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy Banned

No kidding really good lesson, just sucks it's guaranteed money right now monthly while I have few accounts that I don't have but man it's honestly not worth it I get bout the same price residential take me hr or two tops.but I have only one other weekly right now what's your thoughts on what I should do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.