How much would you have bid this job?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Lawncarekrazy, Jun 4, 2018.

1. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Loading into a car sucks. Get the trucked fixed or get a new one asap.

I ran out of a little van thing for awhile. It sucked but had to get the work done. Tuff it out and upgrade when you can. But try to take on more work your able to handle now.

Wye Oak Tree and Delmarva Keith like this.
  2. Lawncarekrazy

Lawncarekrazy LawnSite Member

At first it was a *****, but idk I kinda like just tossing stuff in trunk and going, no strapping stuff down etc but doesn't look professional at all lol

3. Delmarva Keith

Delmarva Keith LawnSite Member

All different businesses about 30 years. I’m on the down hill side coasting a bit now. Life is good. Work hard and kick ass to build your business and reputation when you’re young and you can coast a bit like me when you’re not anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I still work very hard at the jobs I take and sweat like a miner when I’m on the job. But I can pick and choose the jobs I want to do or that I feel need to get done.

4. Lawncarekrazy

Right on man, motivation for me.

5. SS Lawn Care

SS Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Stop LOL'ing so much and get serious. Everything you are LOL'ing about and "LMAO" this is and that, really isn't funny at all. It comes off as cocky. Underbidding work in this industry will wipe the smile right off your face. Hell, bidding it properly will still test you!

6. Lawncarekrazy

If you don't like how I talk that's on you bud LOLOLOL wipe the smile off my face wtf c'mon Mr big shot why Soo serious. Don't get me wrong hard work yes but this isn't like some skilled trade or like working on a crab boat or doing tree removal I can go on and on. Im assuming also that you have a zero turn and/or stand on mower c'mon HARD WORK? Lil Nancy. Light up dude, not funny at all lol go get laid and drink a beer. This the internet don't get your panties in a bunch Nancy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. zraffz

zraffz LawnSite Senior Member

I'd walk away from that one. Insane to cut that lawn for $50 with a push mower. Let's be real, they allow you to mow a commercial property without insurance or probably a business name. You'll lose that account the second you raise your prices and the new lawn boy bids against you.

GSO LAWNEN4CER likes this.
  8. Lawncarekrazy

I have insurance.. and I'm with you I been thinking about it all day today. Business is really starting to get busy and I'm making around what I do for that commercial lawn on residentials that take no time at all and better yards no sticks n rocks uneven etc.., no sense in me beating up my equipment like that. That job ruined my blade last time, screw that, no money in it

zraffz likes this.
  9. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, tough choice.

A. Keep it and look cheap doing it for little to no profit. Get the “cheap guy” reputation.

B. Be honest and give them a new price. If you lose it, atleast you tried. Get a reputation of being new to the industry but honest.

C. Drop them and get the reputation of being cheap and unreliable.

D. Keep it and upgrade equipment to be more efficient. Get the reputation of a growing business.

10. Lawncarekrazy

Yeah if he will give me 100 sweet I'd look dumb out there for that until I upgrade, if not I'm not going to lose sleep over it. All get more customers