how much would you have done this for

superintendent

LawnSite Senior Member
I maintain a 14 acre soccer complex. I had a soil test done and the pH was low and the potassium level was low so I order what was need and did the job. The material cost me right at $1000 so now what would you have charge for the job.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
How long will it take you to apply to the complex?

jad004

LawnSite Senior Member
Of course, terrain and layout would matter but I would charge around $2300-2600. Several factors would come into play whether the low price or higher price but that would be a good range for me. I actually just quoted some soccer fields and this is the range that I used for almost the same area.

jad004

LawnSite Senior Member
What were you using to apply. I believe my Z would have taken just a little bit longer. Unless I spread at 8mph, which with calibration, could be done on the open fields. Thanks Super, I know what I'm calibrating this week.

OP
S

superintendent

LawnSite Senior Member
With a intermidate. I was at 5 mph at 7 to 8 knot on hole opening. The 14 acre soccer complex is all open field. I had a total of just under 1 1/2 pallet. So putting between 5-6 bags per fill. The v-cal I could put 5 bags per fill and the potassium 6 bags per fill

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
So you covered around 6 acres an hour? I think the price was cheap. I am thinking you used a tractor with a Vicon spreader. And that you had to supply fuel, and transport the tractor to the site with a truck and a trailer. You used about $50,000 in equipment. Divide by 2000 working hours in a year--you have to charge 25 dollars per hour for the equip, plus gas, repairs and insurance.--say $50 and equip is tied up for 4 hours that's $400. You delivered the product, right? If you are skilled labor--that is one dollar per minute--add taxes and benefits, make it 2 dollars, for 4 hours $480.
Now add your usual charge per hour for overhead, electric, insurance, taxes, office help, so forth.
Now add a contingency for non-payment and a redo of the job in case of uneven green, or fert burn.

Efficiency

Banned
whats your target hourly rate without figuring any materials? We would have been around $450 plus materials.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
With a intermidate. I was at 5 mph at 7 to 8 knot on hole opening. The 14 acre soccer complex is all open field. I had a total of just under 1 1/2 pallet. So putting between 5-6 bags per fill. The v-cal I could put 5 bags per fill and the potassium 6 bags per fill
I take it you were using verde-cal? What did you use for the potassium? There are products that would combine the 2 and you could have got 2 birds with one application. Just a thought.