How much?

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
How much would you sell a 2016 61" Scag Cheetah with a Kohler 29hp efi engine for? It has 950hrs on it. Price new was $10,500 plus tax making it just over $11k.

I'm probably getting a new job in the pest control business and a guy I know wants to take over my accounts and buy one of my mowers. He already has about 30 other accounts and 2 mowers that are standers/walkbehinds. He wants to add a rider to his arsenal.

I have about 30 accounts as well to give to him.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
i was thinking around $5k
Then tell him $6500...he'll come back with less and you can shake hands on that deal....he feels like he got the haggle price and you'll get more than $5K...everyone's happy.

OP
weeze

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
yeah i dunno what used mowers are worth to be honest. i know people don't wanna give you hardly anything for them. $5k is usually the most you can get out of one that has almost 1000 hours on it.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
yeah i dunno what used mowers are worth to be honest. i know people don't wanna give you hardly anything for them. $5k is usually the most you can get out of one that has almost 1000 hours on it.
That's what I was thinking

OP
weeze

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
yeah i dunno i haven't really sat down and talked with him about it too much. i just mentioned it to him at church on sunday.

i got this business that was sending me texts today wanting to get some landscaping done. i already mow the property. i went ahead and told them i might be getting another job but i'm not sure yet. the lady there also goes to my church and that's the only reason i got the account in the first place. if i do get the job then this guy is gonna take over my properties. i sent him a text about it around lunch time and i haven't gotten a response yet so i find that very odd. :laugh:

i told him depending on what happens he can do the job or if i don't get hired we can both do it together or whatever.

if not i can pass on the job if i get hired and just tell them to find someone else to mow and i can sell my mower in the spring or something.

Last edited: