How not to throw grass on house or cars?

greenchoppers

LawnSite Member
Hello,

We seem to be having some kind of issue with grass being thrown on to houses and/or vehicles, especially in small yards where there isn't much room to work. Any tips on how to prevent this from happening in small yards? It seems to happen more often while trimming.

Please keep sarcastic responses to yourself. This is a real problem for us and would appreciate any responses to treat it as a serious problem.

Thanks.*trucewhiteflag*

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
as for trimming I always walk backwards with the trimmer. I'd rather do that than teach myself to trim left handed.

mowing, personally I use a grass catcher in those situations.

martinlawn29

LawnSite Member
Power chute ! Electric power chute sounds like to much mower for small lawns...small side bagger

1whitetail

LawnSite Member
as for trimming I always walk backwards with the trimmer. I'd rather do that than teach myself to trim left handed.

mowing, personally I use a grass catcher in those situations.
I thought I was the only one that trimmed backwards. I have never seen anyone else doing it that way. People probably think that I don't know what I am doing. :rolleyes:

Smallaxe

LawnSite Fanatic
I was sitting at a fast food place, in the drive through lane, when the fast food place next door had a weed eater going along the ditch between the properties...

The guy was kicking up stones trying to get the weeds chewed down to ground level!!! one of those stones shot across and hit my truck?!?!?

Grasscatchers, don't fix stupidity... it is possible to weedeat w/out throwing stuff in direction of anything that shouldn't be hit... and no reason to grind up the ground and kicking up stones... that area should've been void of weeds with RP/pre-m, for proper management... :)