1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How often are you pruning?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by BCR840, Mar 27, 2012.

1. BCR840

BCR840 LawnSite Member

This is for the southern guys.... I have several accounts with elaborate landscapes, and lots of shrubs. I found myself pruning every time I showed up last year. I was killing myself. I was thinking this year I would do my normal mow, edge, weed, spray beds, blow each visit and then once a month just go around to all my accounts and prune. Now all of these accounts are in the same developement where I live, so its not really any extra driving. I do this as my side business and need to be able to get as many yards done in an evening as possible. It just seems like I never get caught up when I prune every time or twice a month. I guess I have become somewhat obsessed with bushes growing out. Thoughts?

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I think you have become somewhat obsessed with pruning. In GA thing's are going to grow at a rapid pace, and you just have to deal with that. A monthly pruning sound's like a more reasonable idea. Plant growth regulator's were made for your situation.