Lawn Care Forum banner

how should I fix a cracked gas tank??

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dishboy 
#1 ·
I have an older Echo srm 140da string trimmer with a cracked gas tank. I was thinking hot melt glue, JB weld, or both even. Any suggestions??

#8 ·
JB Weld should defenitly be sufficient and will hold up to gasoline. Another product you might try would be gas tank repair. It's pretty much the same concept as JB although either one will work fine. Just make sure to clean surface of crack.

#11 ·
alright, I've got "gas tank repair" smudged into the crack/s and then smothered all over it to cover them up. Then I've got JB weld smothered all over the top of that crap (all topped over the hot melt glue base that didn't work). I've got the throttle cable electrical taped so the cable housing won't slide and the trigger will work good. Now all I have to do is restring it, and I'm good to go with a second trimmer. I should probably put a new spark plug in it. It's sparking blue instead of white. What do you think?? hehehehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.