• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

How to approach a neighborhood association?

superiorlc

LawnSite Member
I mow for a lady whom has a family member that lives in a neighborhood association. She recently gave me the number of the person who's head of the grounds. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any good advice on what to say to him on bidding on the lawns in the neighborhood? I don't want to ruin this great opportunity. Thank you

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah, that business card sure would come in handy for setting ignition coil gaps,
I always keep several for this and similar purposes as one hates to use one's own.

On another note, why don't you just call?

Last edited:

IN2MOWN

LawnSite Platinum Member
I mow for a lady whom has a family member that lives in a neighborhood association. She recently gave me the number of the person who's head of the grounds. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any good advice on what to say to him on bidding on the lawns in the neighborhood? I don't want to ruin this great opportunity. Thank you

Ummm, dial the # and ask them if they are accepting bids for the upcoming year...

FourTrees

LawnSite Senior Member
Most of them accept bids, only a few I've seen do their own work.

Soooooooo, you've just got to:

1. Call

2. Introduce yourself

3. Tell them what services you offer

4. Ask when they are accepting bids

And the conversation should progress from there.

The-Other-Side

LawnSite Member
If they are accepting bids, you may want to check to see if they have a requirements sheet. Most HOA's I have, have had some sort of form that outlined the services they were looking for. Some can be very picky on what they want and do not want you to do.

OP
S

superiorlc

LawnSite Member
Most of them accept bids, only a few I've seen do their own work.

Soooooooo, you've just got to:

1. Call

2. Introduce yourself

3. Tell them what services you offer

4. Ask when they are accepting bids

And the conversation should progress from there.

Thanks for the advice. i called and it went to his answer machine. I left a message. Hopefully he calls back!

OP
S

superiorlc

LawnSite Member
If they are accepting bids, you may want to check to see if they have a requirements sheet. Most HOA's I have, have had some sort of form that outlined the services they were looking for. Some can be very picky on what they want and do not want you to do.
alright cool. thanks for the heads up.