• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

HOW TO CHARGE FOR SNOW PLOWING , SNOW BLOWING AND SALTING

rats5656

LawnSite Member
IS THIS A GOOD WAY TO CHARGE ?

THIS IS FOR ALL RESDENTIAL

MINIMUMS 35 $ANY SIZE SMALL OR LARGE
THE CHARGE FOR 2-6" THEY 6-12" AND 12" AND UP 25 % INCREASE AT EVERY 3 INCH INTERVAL
DOES THAR SOUND RIGHT OR ARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO CHARGE

1 1 35
2 1 35
3 CARS LENGTH 1 CAR WIDE $35
4 CARS LENGTH 1 CAR WIDE $40
5 1 45
6 1 50
7 1 55
8 1 60
9 1 65
10 1 70
THIS IS AT 2-6 "

NOW WHAT IF THE CARS 2 WIDE SHOULD I JUST AT 3 CARS LENTHGH AND TWO CARS WIDE CHARGE 65 $ DOES THAT MAKE SENCE AT ALL FROM MY LIST ?

HOW TO CHARGE FOR SALITING ?
HOW TO CHARGE FOR SNOWBLOWING ?

OR WHAT OTHER WAYS SHOULD CHARGE ANY IDEAS?

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP AND ALSO CAN SOME ONE SEND ME ME A SAMPLE CONTRAT FOR SNOW REAMOVAL AND IT SHOULD WORK

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samurai WeedWacker

LawnSite Member
I don't read posts which are ALL CAPS. It's irritating.

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Rats, if you printed out that post and handed it to a customer and said "this is my schedule for charges", do you think they would understand that? I'm very confused, but I've had a bad day. What's with all CAPS?

9 foot, I know you were asked to turn off your Caps before. It is harder to read.

Here is the post to you and your response:

9FT.PILES
PHILA.PA.

10-4

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Vandora Lawn & Landscape
Please loose the caps, notice, no one else uses them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

noticed 10-4

[Edited by Eric ELM on 01-14-2001 at 08:53 PM]

MJ

LawnSite Senior Member
Just in case you didn't know, there is a key to turn off the capital letters. It should be by your left little finger titled "caps lock". Push it. Then when you want a capital letter use the key below it titled "shift". Using all capital letters means you're shouting and is very difficult to read.

I would suggest, to start out, that you not publish a price guide. Tell the person that you would like to look over what they want done, then tell them "that will be $xxx.xx". Perhaps ask what they paid the last guy. Be ready to negotiate, at least in the beginning. Others here probably have better ideas, but I think that would beat giving the potential customer a confusing formulae with info that doesn't apply to them. Also, two lots or driveways of basically the same size could involve very different problems leading to one warranting a higher price than the second. Good Luck.

Mick