1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With Losing Clients

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Utah Lawn Care, Mar 9, 2015.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

We all feel your pain for the loss.

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

And half fast.

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im faster than most even at 50. Just trying to make the point that not all accounts are the same.

4. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I don't consider it a hobby when you earn enough to feed your family and pay the bills.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

That's the truth not all accounts are the same.

6. DaveWB

DaveWB LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why I hate the question "How many accounts do you have?" It shows no representation of your business or how it is doing. I know a guy that has 1 customer yet pulls in nearly a million a year...

7. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

. 41 :)

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

One year at the EXPO was BS with some other guys they was telling how many they mow. I thinking wow that's a lot till they told me the size. Then they ask my number I thought about it and I said 43 they all :laugh:
    Then one guy said, I wouldn't get out bed for 43.
    One guy said he mows 100 all 1/4 size lawns. I told him you times that by 4 that equals to one my lawns.
    That guy mows with WB 36/48'' I told him I run 3 72'' and 3 60'' on that one lawn.
    There jaws drop and ask how many mowers I had. I said 10 DC and 1 15ft batwing they look at me like :dizzy:

So yes a number is just a number doesn't mean a thing. The $$$ is only thing that counts.

9. DaveWB

DaveWB LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly, someone gets it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Arrogance doesn't look good on anyone, you have one hell of an operation. Good luck on that school bid by the way.
    Posted via Mobile Device