How To Deal With Losing Clients

32vld

LawnSite Gold Member
I've only lost the ones who moved, died, or had kids old enough to start earning their allowance.

The only one I can think of that fired me was the wife of a guy who hired me without discussing it with her. She said my price was too high and wouldn't even stay on the phone to discuss it further.
I only miss that one 'cuz she would come out to pay wearing a bikini top and pull the money out of her left :eek: :eek:
We all feel your pain for the loss.

DaveWB

LawnSite Senior Member
That's the truth not all accounts are the same.
Thats why I hate the question "How many accounts do you have?" It shows no representation of your business or how it is doing. I know a guy that has 1 customer yet pulls in nearly a million a year...

Snyder's Lawn Inc

LawnSite Platinum Member
Thats why I hate the question "How many accounts do you have?" It shows no representation of your business or how it is doing. I know a guy that has 1 customer yet pulls in nearly a million a year...

One year at the EXPO was BS with some other guys they was telling how many they mow. I thinking wow that's a lot till they told me the size. Then they ask my number I thought about it and I said 43 they all :laugh:
Then one guy said, I wouldn't get out bed for 43.
One guy said he mows 100 all 1/4 size lawns. I told him you times that by 4 that equals to one my lawns.
That guy mows with WB 36/48'' I told him I run 3 72'' and 3 60'' on that one lawn.
There jaws drop and ask how many mowers I had. I said 10 DC and 1 15ft batwing they look at me like :dizzy:

So yes a number is just a number doesn't mean a thing. The $$$ is only thing that counts.

DaveWB

LawnSite Senior Member
One year at the EXPO was BS with some other guys they was telling how many they mow. I thinking wow that's a lot till they told me the size. Then they ask my number I thought about it and I said 43 they all :laugh:
One guy said he mows 100 all 1/4 size lawns. I told him you times that by 4 that equals to one my lawns.
That guy mows with WB 36/48'' I told him I run 3 72'' and 3 60'' on that one lawn.
There jaws drop and ask how many mowers I had. I said 10 DC and 1 15ft batwing they look at me like :dizzy:

So yes a number is just a number doesn't mean a thing. The $$$ is only thing that counts.
Exactly, someone gets it.
Posted via Mobile Device

PenningsLandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member

Arrogance doesn't look good on anyone, you have one hell of an operation. Good luck on that school bid by the way.
Posted via Mobile Device