How to get customers to switch from Bi-Weekly to Weekly

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 504mal, Aug 16, 2017.

1. 504mal

504mal LawnSite Member
    Male, from Port Sulphur

I need help I am killing myself cutting these bi-weekly yards what can I do to get the customer to go weekly and also be a year round customer weekly March-October Bi-Weekly November December-February once a month but pay me the same amount year round

2. Blainethompson

Blainethompson LawnSite Member

I kinda got the same problem. But mine is from weekly to twice a week.

3. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

Kidnap a loved one and hold them hostage until they agree to go weekly?

oqueoque likes this.
  4. 504mal

504mal LawnSite Member
    Male, from Port Sulphur

That must be St.Augustine grass

5. Steve5389

Steve5389 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Jacksonville, Fl

I told mine we need to go weekly or I need to raise the price because it's taking longer to mow due to multiple passes...it worked

6. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm weekly Mid-March to Mid-November (roughly) and bi-weekly the rest of the time. Same price every month. No other options. I've actually never offered bi-weekly.

Like Steve said, you can tell them they're looking a price increase, or you can say due to scheduling issues you're changing, or just announce that this is the new way things are being done with no reason. No matter what, plan on resistance and losing a few if you choose this. People don't like change and don't like being told they're no longer in charge.

504mal and Matthews Lawn Care like this.
  7. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you can afford to lose them, they either go weekly or raise the price. I finally lost one doing that. Didn't hurt my feelings one bit. I was rather relieved that I finally gave them the choice. Kind of a family friend. When I gave them the weekly (was 10 day freq) or the $5 increase option, they said it was time to find someone else. Ok, have at it but just know that when you can't get it done as good as it is right now for the same price and you decide to call me back, the price will be $10 higher than what it was originally, if I have an opening, at which time I don't so good luck!

Enjoi829, Blainethompson and 504mal like this.
  8. 504mal

504mal LawnSite Member
    Male, from Port Sulphur

What do your customers say about the same monthly price in the winter mths

9. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing really. It's pretty standard practice in my area. For the few who have asked, I tell them that they're paying to have their lawn maintained at a consistent level throughout the year; regardless of whether it's 5 cuts a month or 2. I've also said that it's basically $_____ for the year and broken down into 12 interest free payments.

Blainethompson and 504mal like this.
  10. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I converted all of mine to either weekly during growing season or annual agreements earlier this year. We lost several doing this but I now only target the weekly or annual services. Let's face it bi-weekly customers are very cheap. I can upsell my weekly ones enough to offset a few lost bi-weekly accounts. You just have to tell them what the new deal is.

504mal, Allabouttheyard and Todd73 like this.