How to get Governtment related contracts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billyebrown, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. billyebrown

    billyebrown LawnSite Member
    Messages: 24

    I was wondering who do you contact in trying to get government (local/state) type contracts such as Rest Areas, Highway roadsides, Schools, government buildings, etc. Are there particular offices or positions that handle this? I thought I might just call the County Clerks office and go from there.

    I see what appear to be contracted tractor/bush hogging outfits all the time mowing roadsides and I was wondering how do you get an opportunity to bid on something like that.

  2. masterofgrass

    masterofgrass LawnSite Member
    Messages: 4

    I know that in Texas that everyone that does that kind of stuff is employed as maitenence crews and thats all they do is public stuff like schools and roadsides and public parks and stuff and they dont do private contracts so i dont think you could get your business into doing government contracts but thats just Texas...unless it was just city government because otherwise its all controlled by federal and state maitenence crews

Share This Page