How to get licensed in Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BlueGrassBoy, Jul 8, 2012.

  1. BlueGrassBoy

    BlueGrassBoy LawnSite Member
    Messages: 41


    This is my first year in business and I've noticed how much competition there is when you only mow, or do basic landscaping. Also the labor is easier with this side of the business, as well there is less competition and better profit margins. So, before next season begins I want to be licensed to apply weed control and fertilization chemicals. How do I do this in Kentucky? How much does it cost? Do I take classes? If so how long? And do you think this is a good idea for my business? Thanks any and all.:)
  2. JB1

    JB1 LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,904

    contact department of agriculture.
  3. jlcrox2

    jlcrox2 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 67

    Check with UK or your local extension. UK gives out the training materials free and I believe they host the testing as well.

Share This Page