1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

How to get new accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madmax, Sep 18, 2005.

1. madmax

madmax LawnSite Member
    from 65721

When I got started a few years ago, I had new customers everywhere. The last year or so things have really dried up. I still have all my original customers, but no new ones. I run ads, put out fliers. But nothing this year. Any ideas...

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I kinda know what ya mean. 3 years ago I ran a stupid little ad in a "Penny Saver" and got at least half of my customers that I still have now. But over the past couple of years my average has gone down quite a bit. I can't explain it though, my quality has been great everyone is very satisfied, my prices are very competitive etc. I only had about 10 new customers this season. But it seems the ones you thought were coming back find a lower priced guy "scrub" and don't think anything of it when their lawns look like a 10 yr old kid mows it. Ive been preaching customer loyalty this season to all of my customers we'll see if it works in a couple of months when I resign them. Just keep advertising! Everyone runs into a dry spell. Try advertising different services that you offer. I thought my phone would be ringing off the hook for estimates for aerations but not one call in two weeks. I planned on doing enough to buy one vs. renting one. I always advertise mowing and then whatever season I am coming into the services that are usually done then,(spring / fall clean ups, shrub trimming etc.) Good luck just keep advertising. :waving: