Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to cut all the shrubs, plants and small trees along both sides of my fence that the previous owner put there, since my backyard was looking more like a jungle. I want to put some sod down and just have grass in my whole backyard.

The problem is the roots are everywhere and its extremely hard to get them out, ive been working at it with a pick and shovel but its very slow going. I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way, I was thinking of using a tiller but not sure if it will go thru the heavy roots.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I made a small attachment that bolts to my bobcat bucket...looks like one very long bucket tooth (about 10-12 inches long and slightly curved). Its great for pulling things like roots and small stumps and doesn't make a real mess of the yard. Its also good at breaking up hard soil or even making small trenches. I did a quick timing of myself pulling small sumacs out (about 1--1 1/2" diameter x 10ft tall). Once I got used to it each sumac took about 5 seconds to rip out by the roots and it left a small hole about 4-6" in diameter and 6-8" deep.

The dingos have a ripper attachment thats similar but I believe they have multiple teeth. The concept is the same though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.