Lawn Care Forum banner

how to lower blades

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Chopper Lover 
#1 ·
how do you lower your blades on a commercial w/b. i have a 48" ransomes it is pretty old and, i'm not sure if that makes a difference.thanks.

Kiwacz Lawncare & Landscaping
Jonathan

#2 ·
My Ransomes Bob-Cat has 4 pins holding the deck to the supporting frame. There are a series of holes at different heights. Remove the pins one at a time, adjust the corner of the deck to the desired level - repeat for all pins.

It may be the same for your w/b.

DJ

#3 ·
Generally there are 2 methods that lower the blades on a walk behind.

First, the front caster wheel assembly should be "pinned" and have spacers that are about 1/2 inch thick. The spacers can be moved above or below the caster support arm which raises and lowers the entire deck to adjust height.

The second method involves removing the blades from the mower. When you remove the blade bolts there should be 1/4 inch spacers on the blade bolt. Generally there are 4 of them. To adjust the blade height the spacers should be on the bolt between the blade and the spindle under the deck, with the left over spacers on top of the bolt between the spindle and the nut. You move the spacers from top to bottom, or bottom to top in order to get the desired height.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.