How to mark an even circle around a tree

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Since you have the most experience, how wide of a circle around a crepe myrtle would you do? I'm thinking 6-8ft.View attachment 440604
I would not use a circle there, but instead use a semi circle, then run the bed to the left to about 3 feet or more from the house,the

Plant some dwarf shrubs against the house, or shrubs (yew, or Japanese hollies, Dwarf Hinoki Cypress ) that can be maintained low. then plant some color in front of the green backdrop.

Then maybe a groundcover, Ajuga? under the Crape Myrtle, to get early color.

And to answer your question 8 feet. the bigger the better.

OP
Y

Youngandfree

LawnSite Gold Member
I would not use a circle there, but instead use a semi circle, then run the bed to the left to about 3 feet or more from the house,the

Plant some dwarf shrubs against the house, or shrubs (yew, or Japanese hollies, Dwarf Hinoki Cypress ) that can be maintained low. then plant some color in front of the green backdrop.
That pic is deceiving. It's not beside the house. Its between the house and what you see is a stand alone garage in the back. But I like your idea if it was beside the house.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
I would think you would want to hide the garage. Maybe run the bed over to the wall of the garage( if it is the side or back) and plant shrubs in the bed.