1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

How to motivate a technician

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, May 28, 2020.

1. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I'd like to see a video of circle method in action. Completely understand the concept of course just curious how square corners in the lawn are handled.
    Each pass into the center is a little more rounded than the previous im guessing.
    I never even considered that on zspray but seems like it could be faster on many lawns.

2. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Brother it is faster for sure. The problem is drilling yourself to do it over and over again. On a Z I don’t know if it would be faster. For the Toro it sure is compared to doing K turns. If you have time check out the manual at Toro.com. Do a parts check. For item 34225. That’s the spreader sprayer.

zlandman likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

I will Definitely check this out. Thanks Z

4. OP
    OP
    Marine03112

Riggle this thread as had me reevaluate how I do everything for a work day. Filling does take around 7 minutes or less. I get two acres out of a fill. By having you all comment on this thread it has made me do a lot of thinking. That was the reason for this thread. So thank you and I thank everyone for there input. This is awesome community.

zlandman, ETM and hort101 like this.
  5. zlandman

from Ohio

Did circle method on a few yards with zspray today. Worked out great! Thanks for the pointer!

Marine03112, ETM and hort101 like this.
  6. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

2 circle passes, then a grid pattern with no "k" turns is the most efficient and effective method for the toro/exmark machine.

7. zlandman

from Ohio

My last round with zspray i did circle method working outside to inside of course.
    It went great! So nice to just leave the spreader open and go! Did my spot spray in the same pass watching closely as I went.
    Saved me a ton of time for sure!
    I'll still do 180 turn passes on small lots I think. But when I get into bigger areas circle is where its at for sure!
    Another thing I liked is my spreader is a little biased to the right. With 180 turns the left meets the left resulting in lighter coverage on a strip. Circle method right side meets left side of previous pass evening out the pattern.

Marine03112 likes this.
  8. Shindaiwa_operator

Shindaiwa_operator LawnSite Member

Steel Green operator here, but my spray/spread pattern mostly depends on size and shape of property. I do 4 applications per year here in Nebraska so I try to go east-west 1st round, north-south 2nd, etc... keeps covering if I happen to skip, Haha... but the original comment on here about the employees not as efficient as owner is a very common topic. I’ve found that I “think” efficiency more than others. Some can learn and be better and some have natural talent. But wage bonuses etc are helpful as long as quality of work is on par. Best I’ve been able to get on Steel Green running both liquid and dry simultaneously is about 550k in one day. Just dry on the Walker with Spyker spreader was 700k.

zlandman likes this.