• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

How to price lawn rolling?

Lovinggreenlawns

LawnSite Member
Hi all,

I was asked by a customer this year to roll their lawn. I was always under the impression that you should never do this, unless you are establishing a new lawn. I was wondering how one would go about figuring out pricing for this, and if you would recommend it? Thanks!

OP
L

Lovinggreenlawns

LawnSite Member
He pretty much said it’s been a very long time since he rolled it, and that’s it. Based off of what everyone locally has been saying, I feel like I should pass on the job as everyone is saying it has zero benefits.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Senior Member
He pretty much said it’s been a very long time since he rolled it, and that’s it. Based off of what everyone locally has been saying, I feel like I should pass on the job as everyone is saying it has zero benefits.
If you had a lot of weird frost heaving or a ton of shallow rodent burrows maybe, but otherwise it's just going to compact the soil and isn't going to really smooth it out.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I estimate at 2 mph that it would take about 3 minutes per thousand sqft. At a dollar a minute (unskilled labor), plus $25 stop charge, 5,000 sqft would be 15 plus stop charge of $25=35.
If you have to sweat, then this is skilled labor and costs are more like 1.50 per minute.
Do it just to keep him happy. Personal service. Big companies will not do this sort of thing.