How to price used equipment?

PabsMaster

LawnSite Member
Hello!

Quick question for the pros out there, I am looking into getting my first zero turn. Looking into a used Scag Turf Tiger (really excited about it, waited awhile to save up for one) I have heard on those that under 500 hours there worth anywhere between 1/2 to 2/3 retail.... This one is a 2009 liquid cooled kaw, 61 with 1200 hours, he wants 6500.. It's not abused but it as 1200 hours on it so it's been used a bit..

Thanks for the advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

QLM

LawnSite Senior Member
Hello!

Quick question for the pros out there, I am looking into getting my first zero turn. Looking into a used Scag Turf Tiger (really excited about it, waited awhile to save up for one) I have heard on those that under 500 hours there worth anywhere between 1/2 to 2/3 retail.... This one is a 2009 liquid cooled kaw, 61 with 1200 hours, he wants 6500.. It's not abused but it as 1200 hours on it so it's been used a bit..

Thanks for the advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you put 4500 down on a new one and finance the rest at 0% would be the way I would do it. The payments would be affordable and you are not getting someone's headache. The guy is selling for a reason. He is selling now because he is scared something major will break or just cuz with more hours and another year it will be worth less.

So you are giving him his down payment on a new machine. Why don't you just use your money as a down payment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums