Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to site. I have a Simplicity Citation (Ferris) 48" ZTR. At 35 hours, the mower deck belt slipped off the stationary idler and PTO plley. I figure debris passed thru a pulley. No problem; released tension on the moveable idler and got the blet back over the pulleys. Just 1 hr on the meter later and the belt broke. Lucked out and found one locally ($86) ... Uh Oh ... I cannot see how I'm going to get that new belt on without removing the idler on the tension bar.. or ... wose yet, the tension bar. Neither of those methods seem to be what the OEM intended. It may be that the OEM expects the belt to be pulled under the movable idler, but i really don't think there is enough room. I'm looking at the Owners Manual Page 40 ... Diagrams 41 & 42 .... Can anyone give me some direction or adice.

Thanks all
:confused:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but I think I loosened the tension spring & then the got the belt under the pulley, then rotate the other pulley in order to slide the belt on. Make sense?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Make sure when replacing the new belt its not twisted and sits snugly in all pulleys before tensioning it. Also make sure its not fouled by any extraneous bolts etc, as i didnt do when i fitted my engine to hydro belt on my Dane and it tore up in a matter of minutes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delayed reply ... local 'emergency' .. all is well.

Thank you to carcrz and Gorhad for the advice. There is a recess (3/16 ?) in the deck that seems to be meant for passing the belt under (with some effort) ... it worked. Getting the (new .. stiff) belt over the last idler was a PITA, but my mower is back in operation ... life is good.

thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.