• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

how to start small nursery?

backtobasicslawncare

LawnSite Member
im thinking about getting a small greenhouse and im looking at buying some soil pots. i think about selling vegetable and flowers someday.

when do i need to buy or look at?

OP
backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare

LawnSite Member
please i still need help on. i want to sell flowers and want to hear how should i start small? whats a good way to still start me a small greenhouse?

thanks
mike

Plant Buyer 83

LawnSite Member
there is also a book on Nursery management. It's pricey but covers ALOOOOOT.
This might be the book he is talking about - Nursery Management: Administration and Culture (4th Edition) - Harold Davidson. Search in amazon you'll find it. He's right though it is expensive but in return very good info. If you just want a smaller cheaper book try this one (also on amazon). So You Want to Start a Nursery by Tony Avent. I would get this one and read it and go from there.

Keep in mind starting a "Nursery" is MUCH HARDER than people think. Most growers now have a lot of mechanicalized machinery not to mention how expensive it is. They know there cost down to penny's (especially in growing annuals/perennials).

But I am sure you are talking about just doing it a side venture am I correct? Maybe grow for you own needs and sell whatever you can't use?