How was your Monday. I got smashed!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rippinryno, Oct 8, 2019.

1. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, no beverages were involved in this particular smashing.

Was turning off of a 2 lane highway onto another two lane highway. had my blinker on, braking.....right before i turned, rolling about 5pm, I get re-ended from somebody going the speed limit, ouch!

Truck is probably totalled, trailer is totalled, damage to mowers, which I have no idea how I'm going to attempt to make sure gets fixed right. The wright stander crushed into my hustler SD.

I've already spoke with her insurance and they are claiming liability and did a phone interview. I am expecting to here from that companies adjuster today so he can determine damage. I imagine we will have to take the hustler to the dealer so that they can assess the damage.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

2. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

That’s how my hitch looked too, when I got hit last year.

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  3. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad you are ok.

Get estimates for repair or replacement as needed. Tell the insurance company you need the equipment replaced now since the loss of income claim will greatly surpass the equipment cost if not replaced right away. If the equipment can be repaired, have them pay for a rental in the meantime

Seems like insurance companies try to take the cheap route these days. Time to hit them between the eyes.

4. OP
    OP
    rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

that's for the pointers, will be meeting with a guy this afternoon if they hold to their word. need to get back on the road!

5. Tara Ann

Tara Ann LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Wow. Glad you were not hurt! Equipment is totally replaceable.

6. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

Glad you where ok. You could end up coming out ahead as you got good deals on all your equipment.

7. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Dang that sucks.

8. prezek

prezek LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. One of my guys got hit the other day. Her insurance company is not accepting fault yet...I have the decision to let the truck be totaled for only about 4K or pay for repairs myself...don’t wanna hijack your thread with my issues...just be ready for a low offer and I’m sure it won’t be replacement cost, but current value for the equipment.

9. TomH&H

TomH&H LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Coopersburg, PA

Glad you weren't hurt! One thing I don't understand though, is why you would even talk to the other person's insurance company. I've been in several accidents that were no fault of my own (and one that was...) and every time I was told never to speak directly to the other insurance company. They're going to try to get you to say something to incriminate yourself. The reason I pay insurance is not just to insure against any damage I do, but to assist and back me up if I am hit by someone else. Maybe it varies from state to state, but I have never directly spoken to, or returned a call to the other insurance company, I just forward the information to my agent and let them handle it. They're going to be able to get it settled easier than you will, as the opposing company is more likely to be pressured by a large insurance company rather than Joe Blow who isn't even a customer of theirs.

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Sorry that this happened to you.

Hoping everything works out for you.

Cam15 likes this.