1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

How would you bid this complex?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdoctor, Mar 1, 2005.

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

Just to compare notes I am bidding on an apartment complex. It is 187000 sq ft of cuttable turf it has 8 pretty large buildings. would take probably 15 minutes to trim each building another 15 minutes to blow each building. (rough estimate) and and hour or 2 to trim the parimeter and around the garages.

Thanks

Troy

2. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Looks at least like 10 manhours of work.

3. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I agree exactly with topcat. We have a few properties similiar to that and 10 manhours would be about right. I would go with 10-12 to be safe. Bid your cost per hour and look at what you want to net. If you would like to know more on how I usually look at these, holler at me and I will tell you what I usually go on hourly. It may be quite different in your area, but it might help.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

With the mowers you list, I would think 9 hours on a good day, 10 most of the time. Apartments are a pita. Always lots of trash to pick up, and parked cars hanging over the grass. If I was looking for work I would go $380.00 a visit. 23 visits our season. If it is more a high end place, and or I really did not need it. $450.00. Troy I see you posted allot of other pricing questions. Meet the rest of us at breakfast Saturday. I'm sure the guys will help you out. PR