Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Springs been good for us. Dropped about half of our accounts from last year so we only mow Thursdays and Fridays with a couple on Saturdays. Frees up other days for mulch and trimming/clean up jobs. As long as we don't have a drought like 2020 we should be ok. Mowers will be paid off in 2 months so pressure will be lessened further.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Springs been good for us. Dropped about half of our accounts from last year so we only mow Thursdays and Fridays with a couple on Saturdays. Frees up other days for mulch and trimming/clean up jobs. As long as we don't have a drought like 2020 we should be ok. Mowers will be paid off in 2 months so pressure will be lessened further.
Man you’re living the dream brother!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
56,838 Posts
O baby!!! Whatcha got going on with that bad boy mark?rough terrain mowing or other attachments?
No mowing attachments for it. Probably adding brush hog in the not to distant future. Right now we have the dual wheels, bucket, aerator, stump grinder, and power rake coming in about a week! It's been a real game changer for us.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No mowing attachments for it. Probably adding brush hog in the not to distant future. Right now we have the dual wheels, bucket, aerator, stump grinder, and power rake coming in about a week! It's been a real game changer for us.
Dude! That is awesome! Wait till you see that grinder produce. It’s like wowzas. Do you know the cutting depth?

·
Registered
56,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks sweet! Using it for free work?
Yup! Tree business exploded, going forward it comes October. Doing smaller jobs right now and pushing big stuff off till October if it’s cool with customer. Just a breather from cutting non stop ya no. But yup, some fun toys😎
Maybe window washing haha! Dude when you get those attachments please post some pics! That sounds like a sweet piece of gear

·
Registered
410 Posts
A full schedule for me is 60 lawn customers.
I really don't want that many, I'm 55 years old so 48-54 accounts would be nice.
That means any more that I have beyond 60, something isn't getting done on time.
I have 67...

I've been raising prices, $50 is the new $30 is my motto.
You know, me love you lawn time.

Somedays it feels great, others not so much.

Today it was raining, finally the rain sort of quit, I left home at 2:45pm
Mowed 7 yards, back home at 8:40p, gross $273.95
2 hours of that on the road, 60 miles.

Today felt great, until I looked at the miles and the actual hourly.
On the other hand I got paid $45 an hour to drive.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A full schedule for me is 60 lawn customers.
I really don't want that many, I'm 55 years old so 48-54 accounts would be nice.
That means any more that I have beyond 60, something isn't getting done on time.
I have 67...

I've been raising prices, $50 is the new $30 is my motto.
You know, me love you lawn time.

Somedays it feels great, others not so much.

Today it was raining, finally the rain sort of quit, I left home at 2:45pm
Mowed 7 yards, back home at 8:40p, gross $273.95
2 hours of that on the road, 60 miles.

Today felt great, until I looked at the miles and the actual hourly.
On the other hand I got paid $45 an hour to drive.
Side mouse! How ya doing brother! Great gig there dude! I like the 50 is the new 30. I rolled the dice stuff would get bad this summer and left prices alone. Not seeing the strain here in philly yet so i should have taken your approach!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Rob!!

Hanging in there..........

Some of our family moved back to town. Nice to have them nearby.

How soon until one of your boys starts running a mower?
Hey Rob!!

Hanging in there..........

Some of our family moved back to town. Nice to have them nearby.

How soon until one of your boys starts running a mower?
we’re doing toolbox talks on our way hone from. Daycare every day. Talk about wearing hard hats and safety glasses. And we talk about doing jobs. Yesterday was how to tighten the flow valve in the grapple crane. Then pick up a trash mower a guy gave to me for scrap steel. Set cones up, made a safe area, learned Allan wrenches and jam nuts.

emergency job two days ago we had to weld. So it was a quick safety toolbox talk.

glad your family is back in town man! Nothing better then family except when they keep showing up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts