1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

How you handle special requests

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EvandSeby, Aug 10, 2003.

1. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

Please give your answers to these common questions or comments my clients seem to always ask me. 1) While you are at it, would you......? 2) I give someone a price for an extra task, and when just about to start hands me the agreed upon cash/check, then adds two other small tasks. 3) Promise to clean up after the dog, and then doesn't little by little. 4) Would you cut the grass shorter....just this time. 5) I want my yard to look JUST LIKE my neighbor's!

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

#1=no. #2=i dont have time right now, but next time im here ill take care of it, then add it to the next bill. #3=i cant cut unless u clean up after the dog. its getting all over my machines, my boots, my trailer, and my next customers yard. #4=sorry, cant. this is low as the machine will go. #5=well, it looks to me that they are doing this, this, and this extra. let me check the measurements, and ill give u a price for the extra applications.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well said bobby!:D ;)