1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hows advertising going

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by The landscaper, Mar 21, 2006.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Ohio guys, how are your advertising campaigns going thusfar? Have you put out much yet?

2. LorentzLawnSnow

LorentzLawnSnow LawnSite Member

put out about a thousand flyers this week. this was the first of my advertising other than door to door with the commercial accounts.

3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

nothing better than advertising when snow is on the ground!

i put out about 1000 last weekend, gonna try to put out another 2000 this weekend

4. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Advertising in the local paper skyrocketted this year. A new company bought 'em out. I paid $70.00 for 4 weeks last year. This year for 6 weeks it is $260.00. :realmad:

5. The landscaper

Hopefully there is warm weather around the corner. I am excited to get out there and knock on some doors.

6. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I put an ad in the paper that circulates to about 36k, which cost me about 180. Ive gotten 4 or 5 calls from that. Ive put out about 2000 fliers in paperboxes, which has done very little, and put out about 1800 door hangers. So far ive landed about 13-14 new jobs this year, mostly from the door hanging, and that was with no repitition.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't do to much this year...2200 direct mail postcards--6 calls so far.
    About 400 fliers--2 calls so far.

8. The landscaper

I put out about 1000 flyers last weekend and got 5 calls this week. Hopefully more calls will be coming in this weekend. Sunday I will have more going out as well.

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

My advertising in jersey is doing good. I got 3 calls today alone for retaining walls.