How's my new website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ppblaster286, May 6, 2020.

1. RDONALD1

RDONALD1 LawnSite Member

that's looks great did you pay some one to build your site

2. OP
    OP
    ppblaster286

ppblaster286 LawnSite Member
    from Canada

No. You can't tell it was made by an amateur, i.e. moi?

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet--great pictures.

ppblaster286 likes this.
  4. Hayduke

Hayduke LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oregon

Wow, I didn't really think this was common practice, acceptable or even legal.
    I know a landscaper here whose website has mostly photos of work he hasn't done. Rubs me the wrong way for sure. I think it gives clients the wrong impression of years of experience and quality work completed.
    What if they ask you if they can visit any of those sites to take a closer look? Will you be honest with them?
    I'm not sure what your market is like up there, and I am way behind the curve, but we have no website.
    All word of mouth, most of our work is projects in the $25-$60,000 range. I'm not saying the website isn't important; as I am dying to get mine up, just don't have the time to deal with it.
    I'd advise, before advertising, if you don't even have a portfolio, go out and get some jobs and take pictures of your work.
    I think potential clients respond better to an honest approach. They can sniff you out pretty fast if you're being dishonest.

grassmonkey0311 likes this.
  5. grass man 11

grass man 11 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice. Nothing wrong with stock photos as general photos provided your not displaying them in an area that says “view our work” or anything like that. You would be surprised at the number of websites that use stock images. Make sure you pay for them legally or get ones that are labeled as free for commercial use. They have crazy tracking now and you can get sued pretty easy these days.

what I or anyone else here thinks is not nearly as important as what google thinks. If your able to get in the top 5 ranking on your own, that’s great, if not hire a marketing pro. There’s more to it then making it look pretty. Page load speed, meta data, H1 and H2 are very important.

EmeraldCut likes this.
  6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

Or they have people that routinely audit for stolen IP and fire off C&D's on their behalf. One of the more entertaining aspects is how many times I've received replies of "Oh, man, sorry! I had no idea. It was my [nephew/brother in law/web guy] who did it and he said it was fine.". Even more amusing when I've found that it's a Lawnsiter. ;)

grass man 11 and Cam15 like this.
  7. EmeraldCut

EmeraldCut LawnSite Member

The site (in particular the Home page) looks quite tidy. Couple of items struck me:
    - "Get my estimate": perhaps "Get Estimate" or "Request Estimate"
    - "From paver bricks to stones, slabs to blocks, we work with a variety of materials to make your vision become a reality." thinking "From paver bricks to stone to slabs to blocks, we work with a variety of materials to make vision become reality."
    - Consider removing the text "Cost estimate" form the Contact page
    - User selects your email address and it launches their email agent?
    - Hmmm "Contact Us", "Email Us" …... "Address"? <<<furrows brow>>> o_O maybe "Contact Us", "Email Us", "Visit Us"

If the artistry in the site translates to your field product..... lucky customers!

8. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

You went with a ".net" instead of a ".com"? :confused: