1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hows this idea sound?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeKle, Mar 21, 2010.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

If youve ever looked at any truck classified mags, you will see many big chevy kodiaks that have a regular pickup truck bed, people do this with F650s too. I was thinking one of these day cab type, single axle semi trucks would look cool set up with a pick up bed and maybe some interior upgrades? Since everyone is trying to make their pickup trucks look like a semi truck, why not make a semi truck look like a pickup truck?!!

2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

and you wouldn't be embarrassed driving one around. i see these trucks and then later see them for sale for much less than the sum of their parts. i guess it comes down to if you have plenty of spare money laying around, enjoy driving a truck that rides like crap, sucks fuel, isn't a speed demon, generally is loud, pain to get into and out of then go for it. i tip my hat to you, your bussiness is doing much better than mine.

3. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

4. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Im not talking about spending a fortune on it, I see many of those mid 90s intl. day cabs for under $4K all the time, and lots of Fords, Freightliners, chevy/GMC, for around the same price.