HPSInc Equipment Photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by HPSInc, Dec 7, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

In an attempt to stay young I bought a trials bike this year. I've been a motorcycle fanatic since I was a kid and this was something I haven't ridden yet. Plus a little distraction/personal project keeps me sane. I cleared 150 x 75 foot in back of my shop with my loader and built some jumps and obstacles. It's can't always be about work. Got the loader stuck pretty good by going off the edge where a little creek runs in back of my shop. Lucky for me the only other guy on my street with a loader has the shop next door, so it was only in this predicament for about 10 min lol

IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0926.JPG

2. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

This was a fun one, the look on my guys faces was priceless when we pulled in and I showed them what we were doing. I had 7 guys knock this one out with me. Rolled in deep with all my arsenal and materials and left with a nice pay day. It was a colorful landscape and my opinion didn't matter lol. The woman of the household got exactly what she wanted, I stopped trying to talk her into anything when I realized she didn't exactly care what I had to say haha. And the second one was a just a quick half day job. Yes I KNOW the arbs are right on top of the patio. Welcome to condos and town houses where a board decides specs and a homeowner wants privacy. I just like getting paid so I'm done worrying about it.

IMG_0932.PNG IMG_0941.PNG IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0924.JPG IMG_0933.JPG

3. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

Word up! Thanks! Your still in the game too, so your doing somethin right. I've seen your work you post, it's impressive man, you'd probably put me to shame on installs, I'm getting rusty I think just doing basic stuff most of the time. Im actually thinkin of getting into debris removal. Like house cleanout stuff. I'm going to look into getting some roll off dumpsters, maybe rent them out. We did a couple house clean outs this year, people get my number through the grapevine and it's work and it pays so I went after it and the guys loved doing it. We did those on weekends. I couldn't get them in to save my life if it were landscaping but junk removal they are all about it and have a blast. Prolly cause it's something new. I actually like it too, and it pays real good to just remove junk and haul it out. Now I'm just rambling, but we will do that overdue coffee meet up this winter. Goin to see the tractor tomorrow, it's all done, I'll snag a pic and post up. Time for bed.

4. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

It's amazing how sometimes you just find things to make money doing!

It's funny how you say

I have a friend who also does this crazy landscape business stuff and he hands an install here and there to me. I asked him this year why he doesn't want to do them as they are decent money. His response was that he is just not as good nor efficient with them compared to mowing and his trim, edge, mulch jobs. He's got a good system where he is just really good at that stuff. So the basics aren't all that bad. I love installs but they are much harder to keep a constant stream coming in.

Thanks for the compliments on the work. I know it needs improvement myself but I try to make it as best as I can. I gotta find a way to get something like 10-20 installs next season. I really don't like the maintenance end of things but can't jump ship until the installs pick up more.

Sounds good on catching up!

5. HPS, I contract a BUNCH of HUD debris cleanouts in the Western NY area.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. They pay 25-35/yd of debris and a flat rate for the labor.

6. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

Gets delivered tomorrow, they did a great job on it.

IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0954.JPG

7. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

I'm basically experiencing things the same way as your friend. It's not bad, it is just less interesting work. But I know my numbers really well on those jobs and they are easier for the guys to do and not have to hold their hands.

Finding new residential installs is definately harder to keep a steady stream of. You could always try to get in with a builder, you'll be doing installs all year but would maybe need employees and builders can take their time paying. But there are small builders and if they do their own landscape it looks like crap, cause they barely have a clue. You could probably roll solo on those still as some builders only build like 10 houses a year. Could be a good place to find work. A lot of landscapers ride the coatails of builders. Your good at what you do, that one wall you built was super impressive. I actually took a screenshot of it. I liked the drain you had in it. Call me crazy lol. When I worked at my old employer we were always on new builds and they found this guy who did block work and he did all the patios at all the new houses for them. We did the Install and this dude did the patio. He was cleaning house and booked all year solid as I guess, their subcontractor. He and 1 guy did a ridiculous amount of patios and he didn't even have to find work anymore. Ive seen this with all sorts of companies. Once you meet someone who brings work to you, it will be a
    game changer.

8. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are two of the most important things. Numbers and tasks employees can easily do. I would be ok with the maintenance work with others doing it, as in employees. I'm just tired of it.

9. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

Got the ebling back blade picked up and installed today. Very pleased with it. Still need to do some minor adjustments, easy stuff, but this was more or less the minute we got it on. I'm glad the snow held off in our area and I was able to get this finished up.

IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0964.JPG IMG_0965.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0967.JPG IMG_0968.JPG

10. OP
    OP
    HPSInc

Just an update for those who decide to pan through my awesome equipment photos lol, I expanded my parking lot on both sides and behind my shop (as best I could until the campers get moved). I hauled in 100 ton of millings from a place down the road and spread them with my loader. I probably already had 100 tons down since I started making the pad last year, so it's a pretty good size now and I can turn trucks and trailers around anywhere.

Then I solved my storage problem by purchasing a 40 foot long shipping container and had it put behind my shop. It's water tight and instant storage...tons of room inside, can't go wrong. Lastly are a few pics of the tractor on this last storm. I never took pics and this was one of the day cleanups so I figured I'd snap a few at least. The snow was wet and being annoying at this point but whatever the tractor was awesome the few times we got to use it.

Other than that just doing what everyone else is, going through equipment, bidding stuff, buying new stuff, hiring people. Dropped a big account that was just bad news all around and I foresee the new landscaper finding that out real quick, but I picked up a bigger account to replace it plus a few more small to medium ones. One in particular is a very large office building, its well known but I'd rather not post exactly what it is. But it's pretty awesome to have it and the money is great.

I'd like to get gas and diesel pumps at my shop next to eliminate or atleast cut back on stops at gas stations.
    Also probably should throw a coat of paint on the old shop this summer.
    IMG_1141.JPG IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1142.JPG IMG_1144.JPG IMG_1146.JPG