Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Use A Hr 5111. The Left Wing Stopped Working Properly Then It Quit Working Completely. We Replaced The Two Motors On The Left Wing And Replaced All Blades, It Started Cutting Allright But Then The Same Wing Inner Blade Started To Pull And Tear The Turf Leaving A Bad Stripe. Any Suggestions.

·
Registered
241 Posts
with new motors on it, i would look further into the hydro system. the motors are usually controlled by cartidge spool valves or electronic spool valves in a big hydro monoblock( this is how toro does there wing units. I assume jac is simular). best to get a hydro flow chart or service manual and find which ones are for the motors. then switch them up between one that is wokring fine. if the problem follows the valve or solenoid, you have found your bad part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He said the inner blade was striping and pulling the grass which usually means it is spinning slower than its supposed to. The two wing motors are hooked up together. Actually get on the ground and see if they are both spinning fast or if one is spinning slower than the other one. If the one motor is spinning at full speed and the other motor is spinning considerably slower, it is the adjustment on the motor itself. If both are spinning slowly it is like the other guy said and it is probably the electronic valve that controls the deck. PS The blades on a 5111 are all different. There are blades that spin clockwise and counterclockwise. Make sure the right blade is on that motor. Also If he changed the motors you have to make sure you put them on right as if you put it on the wrong way it will cause the blade to spin in the opposite direction. There are directional arrows next to the motor housing on the underside of the deck. Check it out and post back!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am having the same problem with my HR 5111. I assume it is the solenoid on the control block, but have not looked into it yet. Also mine will randomly loose all power and shut down. I have replaced the seat switch but the problem persists. It ONLY DOES IT IN 4wd! so I'm starting to think maybe it has a problem with the wiring/4wd solenoid? Any ideas would be a help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well as far as it shutting off, that is a common problem with the older 5111's. It usually happens when it is hot out. There is a sensor that shuts the engine down when it reaches a certain temp. I dont know where it is but I will look into it for you. Does it only happen when its hot? will it start right back up or does it take a few minutes until your able to start it?

Brian Grebeldinger
www.rsturf.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is the full story! It seems like it will do it at random times....I do not think that i have ever noticed it happening in 2wd. When it happens you loose everything just like you turned off the key EXCEPT the engine stays running. If you pull the throttle back the engine will die. When i say everything I mean that it will not move, all of the gauges read just like you turned off the key. I have replaved the key switch, both of the large breakers down by the starter, the larger resetable breakers on the dash, checked the wiring (the best you can without taking all the plastic off). The fuel pressure and flow is good so i know that i have to have an electrical issue. After it dies it will start back up like a new one and run for......10 min....2 min....or 8 hours....it just depends.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 9016. It took me a year to figure it out because it only did it once ina while. It ended up being a bad circuit breaker. I found it by just wiggling wires around until it shut off. Try just moving wires and tapping on electrical connections to start. It sounds like a loose or pinched wire somewere. Although it could be anything. These problems are the worst to figure out. Sorry I cant help more.

Brian Grebeldinger
www.rsturf.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for your advice...I think it is just going to be one of those....(clean up and take apart) Check all the connections....ect. As life goes it only does it when you really need to have the mower going! Any good places to get Jacobsen parts?? I used midwest gulf and turf, but they are $$$$$! I needed a couple of deck motors and they were around $700 from them. I found a dealer in IL, and and bought them for $550 each....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe you can rebuild them if there leaking. That should save you some money. As far as being expensive... I cant help you there. Anything thats associated with a golf course is very expensive. What is wrong with them.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.