Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
A long shot but hoping someone can help. I have googled without luck - finding only a post with similar issues but no solution.

Ok so Jacobsen hr5111 owned used by me for past 9 yrs, minimal use - no issues to date.

Fuelled up today - second cut this year - drove ok initially in forward 4wd - within 10 minutes I noticed some hesitancy - pedal down, forward became increasingly hesitant, lag between pedal down and movement became increasing noticeable - until wouldn't move uphill in 4wd, ok on flat and downhill. At end would not move at all in 4wd, forward or reverse - 2wd ok.

My guess is the 4wd control valve - my question is - is it worth dismantling and replacing internal o- rings? Or am I prob looking at replacement parts?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Si
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Paper

·
Registered
657 Posts
I can only link at manual for “HR 5111” as I have no experience with this unit. Scrolling down through the manual, looks like two filters on this unit. A “charge” filter and a return filter. Have this filters been replaced? Think maybe start there if they haven’t been changed. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
My guess is the 4wd control valve - my question is - is it worth dismantling and replacing internal o- rings? Or am I prob looking at replacement parts?
Maybe, do you see any signs of it leaking ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No obvious sign of leaking. As part numbers for 4wd and reverse solenoid valves are same I'm going to swap them as can manage without reverse - unless anyone can think of a better idea.

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
No obvious sign of leaking. As part numbers for 4wd and reverse solenoid valves are same I'm going to swap them as can manage without reverse - unless anyone can think of a better idea.
Exactly, all our dump bodies have double acting lifts, I switch out the solenoids just to get the body up when they won't ;)

So you are thinking that the problem is on the Control valve on page 116 That would make sense since you lost both 4wd fd and 4 rev. They all have the same part numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I swapped out the hyd filters today - as not changed for ages so thought - longshot but why not.

It will engage 4wd and crawl forward but when front deck lowered and blades on does not have enough power to move itself forward (on level ground)- so my guess problem with solenoid valve - was going to swap them over today but managed to make such a mess replacing filters that I bottled it and convinced myself to save for a rainy off season day🙂

Thanks for your help🙂

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
was going to swap them over today but managed to make such a mess replacing filters that I bottled it and convinced myself to save for a rainy off season day🙂
Been there done that, plenty of kitty litter on hand, If you have the time, cut the filters open , it'll give you some kind of an idea of the health of the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts