HUD Properties

QUALITY EDGE

LawnSite Member
I have seen a few threads on here about HUD properties. I have a chance to bid on over 200 of them all thru one management company. They manage and renovate the properties. It's a 12 month contract for trash weekly and lawn and landscape maintenance. They claim they pay monthly. This is only outside maintenance, nothing to do inside. Any thoughts or ideas? :weightlifter:

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ive been doing them here for about 8 years, all of mine are directly thru the local rural development office and are paid for directly by the government
Posted via Mobile Device

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
You will also probably need to register with the central contractor registration and have a DUNS number for government work which
Takes a little while to fill out so get a head start, both are free to get
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama

LawnSite Fanatic
HUD propertys can be a headach, most will be scattered aver several counties. You will have to email around 50 pictures every yard you cut. I looked into them and worked with a feller 2 days and relaized it wasnt for me.

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
All the ones i did was in a 3 parish area (COUNTY), i only did the ones noone was living in. If.they are occupied its the residents problem. I never had to send a single picture, only a filled out work order after the last cut of the month. But i waz working directly for hud too.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Q

QUALITY EDGE

LawnSite Member
These are all within a five mile radius of a major city. No pictures need taken and they pay monthly. (Supposedly) So I just wanted some thoughts thanks.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
You will also probably need to register with the central contractor registration and have a DUNS number for government work which
Takes a little while to fill out so get a head start, both are free to get
Posted via Mobile Device
I recently was going to register to do USDA forclosed properties. The DUNS and CCR was very easy, but then I got to a questionaire that I felt I needed a lawyer to answer. I decided to not complete the registration. If I were registering for more consistant work from the USDA I may have contacted them and completed tha questionaire.

Last edited:

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
The government will always pay fast, and rarely dispute a bill.

A bank foreclosure management company will almost always make you jump through flaming hoops while soaked in gasoline just to get paid.

Depending on who is paying the bill would determine whether I'd put a crew on it or not.

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
They always had my check.in my mailbox 30 days from reciept of my completed work order, never a single late payment
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun

LawnSite Fanatic
They always had my check.in my mailbox 30 days from reciept of my completed work order, never a single late payment
Posted via Mobile Device
Deep South, would you mind sending me a pm with a little more info on how i can find out about these in my area? thanks Jacob