1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Huge forest cleaning, what type of truck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, May 16, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ok, well maybe not a forest, but definately a ton of cleaning. Tons of 20 ft trees with diameters of 3" and less. Probably about 60 of these. Tons of undergrowth, and a bunch of logs, anyways I pretty much have to prep this area and get it all cleaned out so I can start construction on this retaining wall. I've also included a few pictures of what this guys neighbors wall looks like, I'm going to be building the same thing on his side, but only 4-6 feet tall. Anyways, I've got a 3/4ton truck with a ball hitch on the back (not a gooseneck), should i rent like a 20' dump trailer or a dump truck to haul all this crap away. (theres tons of taller trees that didnt get into these pictures)

Oh, the pictures are here...
    http://www.eaglescoutlawncare.com/images/Tabor

2. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you are out of the city limits. Is there not a place to burn it? If not do you know anyone that has a tree business with a chipper truck? I have 2 buddies that have a tree business. This is what I do on big jobs.

3. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

find someone with a hydro ax to take care of it.

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Humm, I guess I could use a chipper, there is an idea. Can anyone else shoot me some ideas?

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

can the trees be used for firewood?

earther way... cut all the trees
    de-limb them leave the tops and limbs
    in small piles haul off the bigger wood
    posin the all the under brush
    let it dry out burn it off might use the
    cut tree limbs and tops to help fuel
    the fires

how does that sound?