Huge Job Quote

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by X Lawncare, May 16, 2018 at 3:47 PM.

1. X Lawncare

X Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm quoting a huge job and I know my regular rates wont fly. It's exactly 8 acres, which is the easy part. There is a huge amount of trimming involved around fences and buildings. The computed trimming is 5877 feet. This does include 532 feet of fence that is double sided. All the other fence and trimming is one side only. I want to know what you guys would charge for this total job? Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

It doesnt matter what anybody else would charge . It only matters how much you have to charge to make money .

3. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

2 corndogs, 3 can sodas, 1 bag of corn chips and a pitcher of water.

If that doesn't work for you charge your hourly rate by how many hours it will take you. Before you turn in the bid add a few or many dollars on top just to be sure. Don't lower your rate just to get the work. Better to make no money on the couch then lose money cutting some grass.

Todd73, Wye Oak Tree and Mdirrigation like this.
  4. sailfish27

sailfish27 LawnSite Member

Why won't your regular rates work?

5. X Lawncare

Maybe they will...the guy that did it for 20 years stopped because it was too far to travel. He was charging $430. The part that's difficult for me to estimate is the 1.11 miles of trimming.

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

That price sounds great for back in 1998 .

7. X Lawncare

8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Have you timed yourself trimming? Time yourself trimming tomorrow on current properties. Then estimate time and multiply it to your hourly rate. No need to over think this bid.

9. AL's

AL's LawnSite Senior Member

Weekly or biweekly?

Just off the measurements without seeing terrain and adding for non-linear trimming (awkward areas unreachable with mowers) I would ball park it at

Weekly $900
    EOW $1350

Can you spray the fence lines?

10. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

Discounts only start after the 1.12 miles of trimming, so sorry, no discount for them. stick to your regular rate. $430 sounds ok if you can do it in less than a day, can you do that?