Hunter Hydrawise overcurrent message

Discussion in 'Zone Talk' started by Optimal Irrigation Corp., Oct 27, 2019.

1. Matt Guidotti

Matt Guidotti LawnSite Member
    from Brazil

The Rafhaels answer me today, the solenoids 3 way N.O = 120 mA (miliamper), this mean, tha the controller should work with up to 3...4 solenoids per zone, right?

2. OP
    OP
    Optimal Irrigation Corp.

Optimal Irrigation Corp. LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Well, the timer will only support two zones at once (plus a master valve) or 3 total. The master valve has a lower mA threshold, but you are under the threshold so that shouldn't be an issue. Have you tried to put a new solenoid on one of the zones? Are you still getting an vercurrent message if you put a new solenoid?

3. OP
    OP
    Optimal Irrigation Corp.

from Ontario

Try wiring to solenoids together (without the master valve) so two zone (field) valves and see if you get an overcurrent message. Let me know what happens.

4. Matt Guidotti

from Brazil

Nothing new happened.

The store will send a new controller, Galcon GSI to solve or give me a new problem kkkkkkkkkk (smiles).

Happy a new year mate.

5. OP
    OP
    Optimal Irrigation Corp.

from Ontario

Haha, happy new year

6. Matt Guidotti

from Brazil

I found the problem regarding overcurrent.

The power supply to the controller is output 24 V and 1.000 mA.

Measuring with the multimeter we obtained values from 22 v to 22.5 v, 900 to 1,000 mA.

The controller shows in all zones, amperage identifies that of the power supply output. When we tested the controller with a 24 V power supply, output 650 mA, we got the same ampere output at all zones tested.

We have some questions:

Is the 24 V, 1,000 mA power supply correct for this controller?

Does the controller have trouble not adjusting amperage on zones and master valve?

7. Matt Guidotti

from Brazil

Another doubt.

My controller is 230 V, but, if I turn on in 120 V, the controller work correctly using the same power supply of 230 V... 24V.. 1.000 mA.

The amperage of output zones os working with 450mA?

This like a problen of controller or anybody accidentally change the controller or power supply and put on box?

8. OP
    OP
    Optimal Irrigation Corp.

from Ontario

What volt reading do you get when you measure the volts with the multimeter at the wall plug... where you insert the power supply for the controller into the wall? Is it 120V or 240V?

I think you might just have the wrong AC adapter (aka power supply from wall plug to controller)
    Also, sorry for the delay in response.

9. OP
    OP
    Optimal Irrigation Corp.

from Ontario

Also, can you provide a picture of the power supply (AC adapter)?