Hunter ICC has its own ideas...

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by Miguel Sanz D, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Miguel Sanz D

Miguel Sanz D LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have a customer that has a Hunter ICC, I really like this model but it has a problem, it doesn't work when it has to, doesn't care about programs , it works like everyday, in the morning, at the same time... it says that it is using the first program, but if you take a look at it, it is programmed for a complete different schedule...
    I have reseted it two times, with no luck, it remains doing the same thing.
    Any recommendations to try to fix it?
    And in case it has to be replaced... I would like to hear what's your recommendation, also.
    Thank you!
    Miguel

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

What’s the date code

3. OP
    OP
    Miguel Sanz D

Miguel Sanz D LawnSite Member
    from CT

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

Trash it

5. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one with a similar issue. Had to cut the power to stop the watering. Fixed it as suggested above.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

New England has had some lightneing the last week or so. Have an I core that sends juice constantly to zone 18 , even when off.

7. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

When basic controllers (<$800-1000) start getting really erratic like that I prefer to just replace quickly. I'll quickly try to troubleshoot the simple stuff, modules, panel, etc... but as soon as they go haywire as your describing, replace and move on.

benhargreaves and BrandonV like this.
  8. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

replace the face plate with an ICC2,

9. bonitasprinklerservice

bonitasprinklerservice LawnSite Member

Sounds like a problem with the mother board. Try replacing the facepack. I believe the ICC2 is backwards compatible with the original ICC controller.

10. Hunter Tech

Hunter Tech LawnSite Member

If the factory reset (pressing plus, minus, right arrow, then pressing and releasing the reset button) did not return to 12:00am and did not fix problem, it sounds like the front panel will need to be replaced. You can get a new ICC2 front panel kit (part #ICC-FPUP-2) This kit includes a panel, ribbon cable and power module.