• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

hunter pgp Q

Mike M

LawnSite Silver Member
Okay, I moved south and learned quickly how to do lots of basic irrigation adjustments for my lawn customers, but I have a lot more to learn.

I can adjust the hunter pgp rotors left and right (finally), and I read the online directions. But what happens if I mess up and it just goes in circles or stops (stuck in one spot) completely? Have I busted it, or turned a screw too far? Can it be fixed? :hammerhead:

Thanks,

Mike

CAPT Stream Rotar

LawnSite Fanatic
#12 in a PGP at 12gpm?
hehehehe..

on that big drip install we did, we had to set up some valve operated pgp's with 12 nozzles to keep the hill full of money watered.....

watching a pgp with a number 12 is pretty sweet....

i was totally joking...obv match up the old pgp nozzle to the new swap...
i was trying to be a funny guy.

Wet_Boots

Banned
I don't think I ever needed a #12 nozzle on a PGP, when using them for replacements. I use #11 nozzles every so often, but those PGPs get hard to keep stationary, if you have enough pressure in a large nozzle. (that reminds me of something useful that almost no one reading this will have ever seen, that was invented by Safe-T-Lawn)

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't think I ever needed a #12 nozzle on a PGP, when using them for replacements. I use #11 nozzles every so often, but those PGPs get hard to keep stationary, if you have enough pressure in a large nozzle. (that reminds me of something useful that almost no one reading this will have ever seen, that was invented by Safe-T-Lawn)
I'm not going to bite on the Safe-T-Lawn , sounds like a suck tube to me,
but tell us any way.....other than parks, schools..never had the gpm/psi to
use the big boy nozzles....lasco swing joint city when I did.