Hurricane all next week.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Did you get to do any work on those trees in your yard?

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I have read a lot about this storm today, and the consensus appears to be that no one really knows where Dorian is going to go. There is a 30% chance that Dorian will move outside NOAA's "cone of uncertainty", and a 60% chance it will be within the cone, but not on the projected track. The ridge of high pressure over the continental US needs to hurry on out of here if Dorian is to turn north, and out to sea. If the high pressure ridge holds, inland Florida & Georgia will be subject to Dorian's wrath. Add to that the fact that the computer models keep changing due to Dorian's slow movement, and you can see why this storm has everyone on edge. As of right now, Cape Canaveral is in the cross hairs by 35% of the models.

Charles and sjessen like this.
  3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am lucky I have places I can dump. I am also glad I don't live near the coast in times like these. Best of luck to you and all the ones that will feel the brunt of this thing. Stay safe, and evacuate the coast of SC!!! We will get something in our area, but I think it will be minimal. At the very least we will have pine straw and small branches all over the place. Fun times! Everyone stay safe.

RussellB and hort101 like this.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya I would get away from the SC coast asap. You don't want to be stuck in traffic if the worst case scenario happens

RussellB and sjessen like this.
  5. mmrogge

mmrogge LawnSite Member

How to bill for cleanups? We are 80/20- residential and commercial. Our agreements are for basic lawn maintenance with an average of $50/cut for residential. We cant afford to include much extra based on those prices. And clearly have to cleanup the property before it can be cut. FORGETTING about major stuff like down trees how does everyone else usually bill for cleanups? I was thinking of just adding a cleanup assessment to the next bill to cover the extra time and debris costs. Like $50. And i will call customers who have down trees or need more than $50 worth of cleanup. I know certain people will ***** regardless.

6. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

They have no needles and just died this summer. No wind resistance so they are fine. Planning on cutting them this winter.

RussellB likes this.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

wish it would have come west a bit more so we could have gotten some rain from it. it's dry as a bone here. had some winds yesterday i guess from the storm that dried it out even worse. no rain in sight. dusty dusty dusty.

Chilehead likes this.