Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
Superpower blowers are of VERY limited use on 99% of the fall leaf cleanups that I do.

Here is another On golf courses, municipal parks, or estates with large open grounds and even larger wooded areas that you can blow the leaves into, sure.

One of the videos shows a guy blowing leaves off a large commercial parking lot. Where to ? The store next door? You still gotta pick 'em up, and blowing them a mile away doesn't help, IMO.

For most of us, we can't blow the leaves off the customers property and on to their neighbors. We need pinpoint and powerful blower capacity to get them out of the beds and away from the house. Once they are away from the house, you could use a superpower blower I guess, but not for 10K

Discussion starter · #82 ·
Those blowers are nice. If you could put one of those on tractors less than half that size it would be usefull to me. A 40 horse tractor for a leaf blower wont work for me. I wish I still had a few cleanups left to demo a hurricane on. Still not sure because blowing large piles doesnt make alot of sense to me. Once I get a good ridge built up nothing is as fast as plowing them so whats the fastest way to get them broke loose from the ground? Seems like MPH would be most important but then my redmax back pack is 200 mph same as the billy goat and that thing is a total waste of time compared to the BG.

Those blowers are nice. If you could put one of those on tractors less than half that size it would be usefull to me. A 40 horse tractor for a leaf blower wont work for me. I wish I still had a few cleanups left to demo a hurricane on. Still not sure because blowing large piles doesnt make alot of sense to me. Once I get a good ridge built up nothing is as fast as plowing them so whats the fastest way to get them broke loose from the ground? Seems like MPH would be most important but then my redmax back pack is 200 mph same as the billy goat and that thing is a total waste of time compared to the BG.
They make them for smaller tractors.
Posted via Mobile Device

Drew Coates said
Wet debris, MPH is more important. Dry debris, CFM is more important.
Both your backpack and your billy goat are 200 mph but the 18 hp walk behind is probably 5 or 6 times the Cubic Feet per Minute. So it will move a lot more debris/bigger piles, which you are seeing.

The Hurricane and Brown claim around 6-7000 CFM I guess. That may be twice as much CFM as the Billy Goat walk behind. Hard to say because they seem to be avoiding a specific number of CFM with these high volume machines.

Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.
Yes you are entitled to you opinion but that doesn't mean you always need to voice them. However, if your as tough in real life as you act online I sure hope you live by your rules when you deal with you wife or customers. :laugh: You'll have neither in short order!

Mr. Force™ said:
Yes you are entitled to you opinion but that doesn't mean you always need to voice them. However, if your as tough in real life as you act online I sure hope you live by your rules when you deal with you wife or customers. :laugh: You'll have neither in short order!
This made me laugh. I think I can guess the gender of this person based on how personal this was taken. Your talking to one of guys on here that owns one of the better run company's on this site. Dosent mean you have to like him or take cheap shots. Besides being colorful the blower mount looks homemade and the blower way to small to keep up with the amount of cfm's these other 2 blowers offer. You get what you pay for. Also the fact that its 200 mph means your restricting the air flow a lot and missing out on additional cfm's to carry the leaves and that spout is wayyyyyyy to small, only 4 inches. Yes it would get the leaves up but not push a 4ft high pile of leaves 5 or 6 ft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Force™ said:
I would be careful. Misguided as I think his original post was, you are still representing the company. Read the Bad Boy thread if you want an example of how this kind of back and forth can go wrong very quickly....

Mr. Force™ said:
lol...............

Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.
In this case it blows. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also it looks to me like there's more then 25% difference in design. Good luck trying to win that. They are different. Once a product is made, others will try their best to make one better.

Is it me or does the Brown blower have torsion springs on the front forks? If that's the case, big thumbs up for Mr. Brown for considering them.
Hurricane's legal action was not due to the paint color. Brown looks identical to the Hurricane because it practically is. Hurricane has a patented design, that Brown infringed on. Hurricane won that fight, by the way. Hurricane has a truck loading package, that lets the user suck the leafs up and onto a trailer to haul away. They also have a Walker attachment that goes on a riding commercial mower, that disburses the lawn clippings while you cut, that doesn't get advertised very much.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.